Monday, April 02, 2007

Parenting License

I really wonder why there is no mandatory training program for parents. The news today had two stories of outstanding parenting skills. First there was the Mom who thought it was a good idea to prostitute her seven (yes 7) year old daughter. I have a 7 year old and I would personally like to place this wonderful example of motherhood in general population at a men's prison and see how she likes it. The other was this Dad, who's car wasn't big enough to fit all his kids so he put two of them in the trunk of the car and had them riding there for about 20 minutes. I remember putting people into the trunk of my car to go into the drive in theatre years ago. The difference is I was the kid not the parent, it was for only as long as it took to get into the theatre (about 5 minutes), and the trunk on my 1977 Chevy Malibu was a lot bigger. Yes, when I was 16 I would have made a lousy parent, my Dad even told me so, but how big of a moron do you have to be to do this kind of crap as an adult. The scary thing is these people are parents and have already added to the gene pool. What can be done? I am open to comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home