Friday, March 02, 2007

Heaven and Hell

Well as you can see from the last couple of posts the family and I spent a week in "heaven". The Hawaiian weather was amazing and the people we met really personified the Aloha spirit. The beaches were clean and pristine. The diving was great even if the dive operators kept apologizing for the "poor visibility" (less than 100 feet). We saw sea turtles, octopus, the humuhumunukunukuapuah'a (yes it is all one word). Then reality struck and it was time to go home to Western New York.
We arrived at the airport in Buffalo NY late on Saturday night and were met by 14 degree temperatures (farenheit) and it had snowed everyday while we were gone, and continues to now (with short breakes for freezing rain). Next week we are actually going to see temperatures in the upper 20's, ooh heat wave. I really can't wait until it is summer around here again. 80 and sunny is very welcome right now. It is definitly better diving when you don't need a chain saw to cut a hole in the ice. Well this is were we live so we just have deal with it. "Hey honey, please pass me that Oahu real estate catalog again"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Army said...

awww I feel so guilty for having a bad day here in "heaven" I suppose I should be thanking my lucky stars instead of wallowing in self pity! My house has been pretty empty and quiet since you left. kinda lonely. :(
but a friend of mine went to North shore with out me and saw two WHALES jumping in the water...we're heading out there with the camera tomorrow. It was a warm day today 84. :)

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home